Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hiking with kids workshop

Over the past few months I've been doing a bunch of research while planning our summer adventures. I've been trawling the net, asking friends, posting on listserves, and I've hopefully some of the advice I've collected is good. Time will tell - and I will spill the dirt here!

I'm expecting the dirt spilling it to be somewhat cathartic. My husband is likely hoping it will mean less time spent de-briefing him on my latest foray into the wilds of REI.

I really hope to provide something of use in most posts but we'll see how that goes. I do have one for today though. The Washington Trails Association is holding a workshop about hiking with children in some Everett and Seattle libraries in May. Considering my 4 year old complains about walking the 10 minutes it takes to get to school I need all the help i can get.

http://www.wta.org/trail-news/events/hiking-with-children-workshop

2 comments:

  1. I might have to go to that. I am also VERY interested in your insights into garden edging, particularly the bamboo variety. Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to a reduced need to debrief :-)
    - Hubbie

    ReplyDelete